Tuesday, December 4, 2007

Thing 7

Pod casting...I got lost in this thing, thought I was never going to find what I was looking for. There are a ton of ways to use this format. The pod casts can report news, teach new ideas and using them for interviewing professional people about a subject, while you are walking around exploring a exhibit or just on a walk with your dog you could be learning something. Having a known authority narrate the subject of the pod cast gives more credibility. I subscribed to LibVibe the Library and NPR:Story of the Day for the library to use. LibVibe is for the staff for what is going on with other libraries in the news very relevant. NPR:Story of the day for off beat stories of interest, I would think that our patrons would be interested. For myself there were a million that I was interested in depending on the day and my mood so I just went with Podcacher because it it was out doors exploring natural surroundings from all over over the world. I did like the world music podcasts too...I had to stop and finish or I would lose another week listening to podcasts.

No comments: