Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Thing 10

Well that was easy too, down loading a book is much like down loading music for your mp3 player. Richard showed me how it is done.It is too bad that I broke my mp3 player...it sure made jogging with the dog and just plain drudgery type of house work much more enjoyable listening to music. The next player I get will get a titanium case for it and never ever be drop it or ripped it out of my ears when it gets hooked on something and I move. I think it is amazing that the books disappear after 3 weeks. How did they do that? Obviously bigger thinkers than I am with this stuff thought that one out. I do like the whole idea to down load audio books, so you can multi-task while listen to a book, music, fiction -non-fiction. As for the e-books their audience is a little smaller...but I can see students using them more than someone for pleasure. Less to carry around and the cost would be less.
For pleasure I would much rather read a book that I hold in my hands and turn the pages.
It is great that people can access the library website and data bases 24/7 to download books. Gee I could be in another country and still visit the Skokie Library and down load books that I want to read. cool...or I should say that is hot.
I have enjoyed doing the 10 things...do we get to 12 next time?

No comments: